Regional VPA Assessment Leader Search
Are you interested in leading Maine Arts Education Assessment Initiative: Phase II?
Join us for a GREAT opportunity! YOU’re invited to be part of Maine’s exciting arts education initiative. The initiative is looking for teachers who are interested in participating in Phase II to take a close look at assessment in the arts. If you are selected as a teacher leader, we will provide training in Assessment, Leadership, and Technology, and ask that you take what you’ve learned and share it with other educators in your region and across Maine.
OVERALL PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Create an environment in Maine where assessment in arts education is an integral part of the work all arts educators do to improve student achievement in the arts.
Phase I, Timeline:
- Summer 2010: Argy Nestor, Rob Westerberg, Catherine Ring attended the New England Arts Assessment Institute and formulated initiative plan
- Summer 2011: Professional Development – Regional VPA Assessment Leaders
- October 2011: Regional VPA Assessment Leaders facilitate workshop sessions at statewide conference on arts education assessment
- Winter/Spring 2012: Regional VPA Assessment Leaders facilitate professional development opportunities on assessment by regions
- 2011-12 School Year: Arts education assessment webinars for Maine educators
- February 2012: Reflect on the work and determine next steps
Phase II, Timeline:
- March 2012: Call for Phase II Teacher Leaders
- Summer 2012: 4 day Professional Development – Regional VPA Assessment Leaders
- Summer 2012: Phase I Teacher Leaders continue assessment work by going deeper and developing arts edcuation resources of best practices for online access
- School year 2012/13: Teacher Leaders facilitate professional development opportunities on assessment by regions and across Maine
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING IS APRIL 6th
To read more details and for the application please go to http://www.maine.gov/education/lres/vpa/news.html