The Maine Department of Education (MDOE), Maine Alliance for Arts Education (MAAE), and the Maine Arts Commission (MAC) invites your community to apply to be recognized as an Imagination Intensive Community (IIC). The information is online at the MAAE site and at a new page devoted to the project at the MDOE site. The 2010 IICs were Arundel, York, North Haven, Blue Hill, Deer Isle-Stonington and Camden-Rockport.
Search for Maine’s top 2011 Imagination Intensive Communities!
Does your community use its resources to support the development of imagination in children and you in and out of school? If so, consider applying for statewide recognition.
Selected IIC sites will receive (see more details in the application):
· An application process designed to help you identify the many ways in which you are supporting young people’s imaginative development
· An Imagination Day Community visit
· IIC awards including a banner and cash award
· A web-based profile of your community as an Imagination Intensive place to grow up
· Regular updates about grant opportunities, prizes, and competitions
Please take a look at the attached application and guidelines, or go to the website of the Maine Alliance for Arts Education http://www.maineartsed.org for the application and guidelines as well as an example of a successful 2010 IIC application.
Don’t delay—deadline for applications is March 14!